Welcome back! I hope you had a relaxing and fun summer break! This page will be updated throughout the year with important information regarding college open houses, visits, scholarship opportunities, and much more!
1) Please log into Naviance and check to see which schools are coming to visit. Signup for a few to receive valuable information about schools you are considering.
2) Apply! Apply! Apply for scholarships! Apply to as many as you're eligible! There are many people who want to pay for your college education - let them! See my resources page to start.
3) Open houses are great way to get to know a campus. See my list below and go out and visit.
4) Have you consider the military? There are great benefits & flexible options in all of the armed forces.
5) Are you looking into a trade? Apprenticeships are a great way to great training that lead to higher wage paying jobs. Come see me, I can help.
6) Looking for a part-time job? Check out the Job posting board outside the Guidance Office. Working after school is a great way to save up for books and other educational expenses.
1) What can make you stand out on a college application. Look to become involved in school and community organizations. Two or three activities with progressive responsibilities speaks volumes to Admissions Officers. Consider a leadership role within an organization!
2) College tours and campus visits can be scheduled throughout the state and country. Think about spending some time visiting a campus during sometime this fall. You have three educational days, use them wisely!
3) Volunteer! There are numerous volunteer opportunities in our area. Volunteering opens doors for future work, communicates interest in a particular area, helps those who need it, and has intrinsic benefits.
4) College Entrance Exams - Consider taking the SAT or ACT this spring. I recommend taking both! Visit www.collegeboard.com
for more information about the test including registration, deadlines, score reporting, and sample questions.
Mr. Jeremy Hudson
College and Career Counselor
222 Davenport Street
Somerville, NJ 08876
(908) 218-8844 Fax
CEEB CODE 311-365
Malcolm Bernard Historically Black Colleges & Universities College Fair - November 14th @ RVCC; sign up with your counselor
Orgullo Latino CRECER Program - March 16, 2017 @ RVCC; signups will occur in the spring
American Musical Dramatic Academy - Auditions in NY on 1/14, 2/11. 3/4, 3/18, 4/1, 4/15, 5/13, 6/11, 7/16, 8/12
Oberlin Conservatory of Music Auditions - December 2nd & 3rd, February 4th, February 10th & 11th, February 18th, and February 24th & 25th
Albright College - November 28th
Allegheny College - November 19th
Alvernia University - November 12th
Arcadia University - November 12th and December 4th
Cabrini University - November 13th
Caldwell University - November 10th, November 19th
California University of PA - November 11th
Carnegie Mellon University - Overnight Weekends: Nov 13/14 Jan 22/23
Ceder Crest College - November 12th
Centenary University - November 19th
Christopher Newport University - February 17th
Clarion University - November 12th and April 22nd
Colgate University - November 12th, 19th, and December 3rd
College of William & Mary - November 19th
Dickinson College - November 12th
East Stroudsburg University - November 12th
Frostburg State University - November 12th and December 3rd
Georgian Court University - November 19th
Goucher College - November 11th
Hampden Sydney College - November 12th and December 3rd
Hampton University - November 12th
Holy Family - November 13
Ithaca College - November 11th
James Madison University - November 12th
Longwood University - November 10th & April 1st
Lynchburg College - November 12th
Manhattenville College - November 19th
Mary Baldwin University - November 8th & November 12th
University of Mary Washington - November 12th, February 20th, April 14th
McDaniel College - November 21st
Montclair State University - November 13th
Norfolk State University - November 12th & April 1st
NJIT - October 16th and November 20th
Notre Dame of Maryland - November 19th
Old Dominion University - November 19th
Pace University - December 2nd
Pennsylvania College of Art & Design - November 19th
Randolph Macon College - November 12th
University of Richmond - November 14th & March 24th
Rider University - November 12th
Roanoke College - November 19th
University of Rochester - November 11th
Rochester Institute of Technology -November 12 and December 2nd
Rowan University - March 5th and April 2nd
Seton Hall University - November 20th, February 19th, and April 23rd
St John's University - November 20 (Queens)
St Peter's University - November 19th
Stevenson University - November 19th
Stockton University - December 4th and April 2nd
Syracuse University - November 11th
TCNJ - November 19
Towson University - November 11th, November 12th, May 5th, and May 6th.
Tulane University - November 12th
University of Maine Farmington - November 12th
Vassar College - November 11th
Virginia Military Institute - February 10th & 11th, March 3rd & 4th, March 24th & 25th
Virginia Wesleyan College - November 12th
Wagner College - November 12th
Washington College - November 12th
Wesley College - November 12th and February 25th
William Patterson University - November 20th
York College - November 12th and February 4th (Instant Decision Day)
Please see my list of helpful resources for specific information