ATTENDANCE OFFICE INFORMATION
Mr. Thomas O'Donnell, Attendance Officer
- Call the attendance line before 8 a.m. at 908-243-1547 to report the absence.
- Clearly state the students name, grade, your relationship, and the reason for the absence. Please SPELL the last name.
- Send a NOTE to the Attendance Office explaining the absence when the student returns to school.
- If the student is going to be absent for an extended length of time, send a note and/or email to the Attendance Office, his/her Guidance Counselor and the Nurse.
- For students with chronic condition forms on file with the health office, parent/guardian must call the health office to report a “chronic” absence.
- ALL UNEXCUSED ABSENCES from classes missed count toward credit retention.
EARLY DISMISSALSALL STUDENTS MUST BE SIGNED OUT IN THE NURSE’S OFFICE.
- Late students must report to the Attendance Office to sign in and receive a late pass.
- The student needs a parent/guardian NOTE indicating the reason for being late and his/her student ID card.
- Students MAY NOT WRITE OR SIGN THEIR OWN NOTES.
- The school reserves the right to call the parent/guardian to verify all notes.
- A detention will be assigned when the student is late as per student handbook.
- ALL UNEXCUSED ABSENCES from classes missed due to lateness count toward credit retention.
- The student brings a parent/guardian signed note to the Nurse’s Office at the beginning of the day of dismissal.
- The note should state the student’s name, time of dismissal, who is picking them up and the reason for dismissal.
- The student will receive a pass to report to the Nurse’s Office at the time stated. We DO NOT call the student from class.
- The parent/guardian, or other person stated on the note meets the student in the Nurse’s Office to sign him/her out.
- SENIOR STUDENTS, with transportation do not need a parent/guardian to sign them out.
- Students MAY NOT WRITE THEIR OWN NOTES, no matter what their age.
- A student will not be released based on a telephone call.
- The school reserves the right to call the parent/guardian to verify all early dismissals.
- ALL unexcused absences from classes missed due to early dismissal count toward credit retention.
- It is the student’s responsibility to retrieve any items dropped off for them in the Main Office.
- The staff is NOT responsible for notifying your child OR for keeping track of any items dropped off.