Mr. Dugan’s Classroom Procedures
- Being Punctual Is Important!
Please arrive to class on time as scheduled. If you do not have a valid pass/excuse from a faculty member, you will receive a cut for the day, a teacher detention, and your parent or guardian will be contacted. Your third cut will result in a referral.
- 1st Offense Verbal Warning
- 2nd Offense TEACHER DETENTION
- 3rd Offense DISCIPLINE REFERRAL
1. Follow directions the first time they are given.
2. Raise your hand if you need assistance-wait patiently for the teacher.
3. Respect everyone at all times. Respect school and others property.
4. Throw trash in the trash can and paper in the recycling container
5. No food or drink is allowed at any time.
6. Work quietly so you do not disturb other students. No talking unless given permission by the teacher
7. CELL PHONES MUST BE KEPT OFF AND OUT OF SIGHT DURING CLASS ONCE YOU WALK THROUGH MY DOOR INTO CLASS!
8. Students will participate actively and productively in the class in order to gain the optimal effect of the experience. Students will complete all assignments.
9. Students will come to class dressed appropriately, so they will not become a distraction to others in the classroom.
10. Students will conduct themselves in a manner that will allow others to learn. Class disruption means any behavior that focuses a teacher’s time and attention on student behavior instead of on teaching. Behavior that detracts from the instructional process infringes on the rights of others to be educated and will not be tolerated.
4. Consequences: Students choosing not to meet the above expectations maybe warned, detained after school or referred to the appropriate administrator. *Refer to Somerville High School Student Handbook, Discipline Policy.