- Understand college possibilities
- Explore high school specific college admissions stats on various criteria such as size, location, major, and more; compare GPA, standardized test scores, and other statistics to actual historical data from SHS students who have applied and been admitted
- Match to best-fit colleges
- Identify ideal college majors
Welcome to Naviance Family Connection!Naviance is a web-based platform that provides comprehensive assistance to students as they make decisions about courses, colleges, and careers. By accessing Naviance’s Family Connection portal, students and parents can access interest inventories, goal-setting documents, college databases, career clusters, career assessments, and more. In conjunction with programming provided by the Guidance Counselors, students use Naviance to guide their post-secondary planning and to assess their accomplishments while in high school. To log into the Naviance Family Connection Portal visit http://connection.naviance.com/somerville/SHS utilizes Naviance Student to assist students in the college search and admission process and as part of the career planning process. Naviance Student is customized to SHS, making use of data from SHS alumni in the presentation of diagrams, charts, acceptance history and more to aide students as they develop their post-secondary plans. The Guidance Office also uses Naviance to send teacher letters of recommendation, high school transcripts, and mid-year grades to the colleges where our students apply.
Naviance Student allows students to:
- Self Discover: understand their unique strengths, connect their interest to careers, to set goals, and to develop self-knowledge and personal motivation.
- College Preparation: By matching students to colleges based on students’ interests and goals, and comparing admissions rates at students’ top college choices, the Naviance college planning tools allow students and families to make informed decisions. Naviance helps students find their best-fit higher education institution. Naviance helps high school students to:
- Sign up for college visits - SHS hosts over 50 individual college visits during the fall
- Career Exploration:
- Connect interests to career fields - explore hundreds of careers and career clusters
- Identify best-fit careers - match potential careers with interests and take career assessments
- Plan for life after high school
- Communicate: send and receive messages to and from your school counselor and the Counseling Office. Parents and students are asked to complete various surveys in order for the counselors to get a better understanding of the "complete student".
Students are provided with a personal access code and instructions for accessing Naviance Student. This service is available to all SHS students. If you do not have your personal access code, please see Mrs. Ireland or Mrs. Garvey in the Guidance Office.