AMERICAN RED CROSS FIRST AID/CPR/AED
THE PURPOSE OF THE AMERICAN RED CROSS FIRST AID/CPR/AED PROGRAM IS TO HELP PARTICIPATNTS RECOGNIZE AND RESPOND APPROPRIATELY TO CARDIAC, BREATHING AND FIRST AID EMERGENCIES. THE COURSES IN THIS PROGRAM TEACH SKILLS THAT PARTICIPANTS NEED TO KNOW TO GIVE IMMEDIATE CARE TO A SUDDENLY INJURED OR ILL PERSON UNTIL ADVANCED MEDICAL PERSONNEL ARRIVE AND TAKE OVER.
TEXTBOOK: To Download the American Red Cross CPR/AED & First Aid Participant Manual - American Red Cross Participants Manual
Criteria for American Red Cross Certification
1. Sign up and pay for an American Red Cross Certification Course. This requires a discounted fee of $6.00 for First Aid + CPR + AED (Adult + Pediatric) Certification. Please make check payable to Somerville Board of Edcation
2. Correctly andswer at least 80% of the questions in the appropriate section)s) on the Amercian Red Cross written exams.
3. Participate in all skill sessions abd scenarios.
Demonstrate competency in all required fields
UNITS ON NUTRITION, DRUG/ALCOHOL EDUCATION AND ORGAN AND TISSUE DONATION WILL BE COVERED THROUGHOUT THE MARKING PERIOD.
DETERMINATION OF HEALTH GRADE:
1. 35% TESTS
2. 35% QUIZZES - minimum of 4
3. 30% PRACTICAL EXAM, ASSIGNMENTS AND NOTEBOOK